Greetings from London! It is a grey Monday in London, but I have a reason to be cheerful, and it is all due to the deep and emotional intelligence of Salma Hayek Pinault. So much to share but so little time. I will use bullet points to make it clear and easier.
- On Women’s Day 2015 at the South Bank Centre WOW, there was a screening of her film The Prophet.
- Salma said so many things that will stay with me forever: “Dreams create ripples.” and “If you do not feel the pain of others, then somehow you have been hypnotized to believe that you are not connected to another human’s suffering. “
- She is always asked what her favorite part of her body is, and she replies “her brain.”
- She referred to this when answering the question from the founder of Sisters of Frida, a disabled women’s cooperative, “What can disabled women do to help change the plight of women? Salma answered that as long as you have imagination you can do anything.
- She is a co-founder of Chimes for change.
- Salma was incredibly humble when I presented her with our signature hat box( noticed I turned it inside out so not to advertise the company) with a beret inside.
I am a changed woman today, not because she is very well known, beautiful, wealthy, etc. but because I am no longer lonely with the pain, which sometimes cripples me, I feel for my fellow earthlings who are suffering unnecessary pain. The knowledge that there are women like Salma who care about the human race as a whole, without prejudice and who also are thinking “outside of the box,” to make a change inspires me on a personal and professional level.
- I was touched by her gesture (not the best word to use) to breastfeed a child in Sierra Leone to make the point. We need to share. See the video here. Claudette xoxo
- On the night Salma Hayek Pinault DailyMail